The City of 10,000 Buddhas' 30th Anniversary Celebration will be held on July 5, Sunday, 2009
To all good knowing advisors,
In remembering the past and looking forward to the future, there will be a series of activities on July 4th and 5th to observe CTTB’s 30th anniversary. The 30th year subcommittee prepared the following five activities for everyone and for the youths to participate in:
There will be an English and also a Chinese essay writing contest held separately. Please refer to the essay contest rules below.
There will be an English and also a Chinese contest in Buddhist knowledge. Contestants may participate in both the Chinese and English competitions. A collection of questions will be provided for participants. To enrich the content and support this meaningful activity, we cordially invite all Dharma Masters and all laities to kindly provide related questions. Please refer to Requesting Questions for Buddhist Knowledge Contest below.
Mainly presented by students from CTTB. Youth from all branch Way Places are also welcome to participate. This event will be either in Chinese or English. Due to the time limit, this event will be limited to 6-8 people, and 3-5 minutes per person. The participants will be awarded with a certificate and souvenir. If there are numerous participants, different times and places will be considered.
This is mainly based on the Venerable Master’s Dharma talk or verses. No age or fonts restriction. Please use Xuan paper without check (without boxes). Paper size should be A4, and double or triple the size according to the size of the work. Exemplary work will be exhibited at CTTB and awarded with a certificate. Please send your work to:
Theme for students from CTTB & CTTB Summer Camp will be ‘Artistic Youth Drawing of CTTB’. We also joyfully welcome youth from branch Way Place to participate without limitation to the theme. Please draw on A4 or A3 size paper. All works will be exhibited at CTTB. Exemplary work will be awarded with a certificate. Please send your work to:
This will be DRBA’s first substantial literary arts activity. Please encourage all disciples and youth to participate. If you have any questions, please email us at email@example.com or visit us at http://www.drbachinese.org and click 法界音 for information.
1. Main Objective: This year is the thirtieth anniversary of CTTB's dedication, and we have a series of activities to remember and reflect on the past as well as look towards the future. In order to make these activities reach more people and influence them at a deeper level, we now organize an essay contest as part of this year's activities.
2. Essay Topic: "My Vision of The City of Ten Thousand Buddhas". Essays may be typed or handwritten in either Chinese or English. (Even if you have never been to CTTB, you can still acquire information on CTTB yourself as well use your imagination).
3. Participant Qualifications: Anyone who is sincere may participate. There are no restrictions concerning nationality, religious affiliation, ethnicity, etc. In order to ensure fairness, contestants will be divided into the following competing categories:
4. Essay Word Limit:
5. Grading Rubric: Content: 60%; Rhetoric: 15%; Grammar: 15%; Paragraphing: 10%
6. Awards and Recognition for the above four categories: 1 Bodhi Award, 1 Compassion Award, 1 Happy-giving Award, and three Lotus Awards, etc.
7. Copyrights: Essays receiving awards will be published in Vajra Bodhi Sea (monthly magazine) and DRBA websites and publications. Contest organizers will retain the copyrights of the essay.
8. Essay Deadline: June 10, 2009.
9. Entry Submissions: Address: 4951 Bodhi Way, Ukiah, CA95482 USA
10. Winner Announcements: Contest results will be posted online on the DRBA website by June 30, 2009.
11. Awarding Date: Prizes will be given on July 4, 2009 at CTTB. (International or other long-distance winners may have another person receive their prize on their behalf.)
Please click this: Buddhist Knowledge Contest